Self Care Awareness Month in September
Self-Care Awareness Month in September is a time to remind us that taking care of ourselves, first and foremost, is essential.
Having a busy life and having stress all the time are new norms to most of us. If we’re investing our time in is an hour or so of being relaxed beyond belief at the hands of a massage therapist, it’s as if we’re committing a deadly sin by prioritising our own wellbeing.
You know what? Your wellbeing is important and self-care is a vital part of looking after that wellbeing. Even if you’re a busy professional, or a full time parent, you need to take time to do something good for yourself. When your energy is depleted, you're constantly feeling tired or even get sick, you’ll have no energy to do anything for the other people who need you.
Sometimes, though, other people can try to make you feel as if indulging yourself in a massage is a waste of time when you could be doing something else (usually what they want you to do).
I’ve come up with five good reasons you can give to other people if they ever give you a hard time for getting your regular massage.
1. A good massage will help relieve muscle tension. Muscle tension can lead to headaches, which put you in a grouch. Nobody wants a grouchy parent/partner/co-worker, do they? Therefore, tell them you’re going for a massage and that they will thank you for it when you return with a sunny disposition.
2. It helps you sleep! If your insomnia is starting to irritate your family – and wake them up too – tell them you’re going for a massage because you don’t want their sleep to suffer along with yours. It’s true that a massage helps to boost serotonin levels (which have been proven to help with sleep). Obviously, being tired makes you so much less productive at work too, so a decent massage helps you work smarter…
3. Suffering from chronic pain? It’s an expensive business, isn’t it? If the cost of your pain meds is starting to mount up, see if getting a massage on a regular basis might help you to reduce the amount of drugs you need to take. Then you’ll be saving money and not using so many drugs, both of which put you at an advantage.
4. Are you constantly getting colds, coughs and infections that you end up passing on to everyone else? Avoid becoming the office pariah for your germ spreading and try massage instead. Aromatherapy massage and Swedish massage have been proven to support the lymphatic system which is your body’s defence system against illness.
5. They want you to be happy, don’t they? This has to be the #1 reason for a massage, because the happier you are, the more other people will benefit from your improved mood and general relaxed demeanour.
For a limited time only, I am now offering a series of 10 sessions of 60-minute Aromatherapy Massage (including a herbal foot bath) at the cost of $594 only for 10 clients (first come, first serve).
Call Marvice at 604.306.7531 to set up your long overdue massage appointment now!