Make Valentine's Day about Self-love
Self-love is essential to living well. But what does self-love really mean? Treating yourself every once in a while? Making sure you have enough me time? These are things we easily forget to do with work and responsibilities piling up and occupying our minds every day.
Sometimes it’s important to remind yourself to take a breather and focus on your own well-being.
Here are 7 ways you can improve an all too important relationship, the one you have with yourself:
- Be mindful of your own needs: Focus on what you want rather than what other people want. You deserve it. Really.
- Practice:People high in self-love nourish themselves daily through healthy activities, like sound nutrition, exercise, proper sleep, intimacy and healthy social interactions.
- Bring the Right People into your Life: They say you are the product of the five people closest to you. Spend time with people that lift up your spirits and get rid of those who bring your down.
- Set Boundaries:It may be difficult at first, but you’re practicing self-love when you set limits or say “no” to activities that deplete you physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself: We all tend to be critical with ourselves. Look in the mirror (or close your eyes) and try to "see" the attributes that the others admire about you.
- Get out in nature: Research supports the benefits of being outdoors on our mood and self esteem. Schedule time to go outside; take a walk (or take your entire workout) outside for some fresh air. Personally, I take my Scottie for a walk when my brain feels foggy or I listen to negative self-talk.
- Book some ME time: The power of touch has incredible healing and nurturing effects. Book a facial or massage (or both together!) that has been proven to help release stress, improve low self-esteem and uplift your mood…plus your skin will look great and your muscles relaxed!
Treat Yourself or a Loved One to Some Rest and Relaxation this February
Love: We’re in it Together
When you’ve been receiving a spa treatment, have you ever found yourself thinking: “oh wow, I’d love for ______ to try this”?
Want to share this spa moment with our significant other or BFFs?
This February (and just in time for Valentine’s Day) we introduce Lumiére SPA’S HAPPY HOUR, 10am to 2pm, every Tuesday to Friday, where all spa packages will be at 15% off…a perfect opportunity to bring your loved one in to experience the same sense of relaxation you did.
For the month of February only, you will both receive complimentary champagne and chocolate. Valentine’s week appointments fill up fast, so don’t leave organizing a perfect spa afternoon until the last minute! Book on line or call us at 604.306.7531 and we can you help you plan the perfect date.
Create Their Own Spa Time
Surprise your loved one with a Lumière Instant Online gift certificate, the perfect alternative if your Valentine appreciates deciding their own spa time.
The Home Spa Experience
Want to create an intimate spa occasion at home with your partner? It’s an incredibly thoughtful way to show how much you care when you take the effort to create this exclusive evening yourselves.
Pamper your beloved with their favorite treats from the Spa Boutique at Lumière. You may not know what will create a special Valentines spa evening at home, but your Lumière professionals do!
Feel free to stop in so we can help you choose the desired products to make your spa date night extraordinary! Add flowers and candles and you’re all set!
Take advantage of these offers and book an appointment with Marvice at 604.306.7531 or
February’s Featured Product - DOCTOR BABOR Bi-Phase Beauty Ampolues
Bring Professional Products from the Spa to your Home!
The holidays are a stressful time for our skin. All the great food, wine, drinks and late nights really take a toll. Time to revitalize your skin and bring a glow back to your face!
In just 14 days you can be sporting an amazing glow. Just apply one Doctor Babor Ampoule a day during this 14 day regime and your skin will be in its best shape yet!
There are three types for you to choose from, that are specific to your skin’s needs. Which one will you pick: Stress Relief, Glow Booster or Youth Control?
Call us at 604-306-7531 for a consultation or to reserve your package!
Don’t Let Acne Hold You Back
Professional acne treatments reveal a clear complexion.
Many of you are creating your personal skin care goals for 2016.
If Acne is holding you back from living a confident life, it’s time to finally take control over those bothersome breakouts. If you’re tired of bouncing around from product to product (or medication to medication), here are four professional skin Actions Plans to heal your skin and put your best (and most self-assured face forward)
When it comes to acne, don’t under estimate the tenacity of those problem pores. You can scrub, squeeze, and beg, but they just don’t go away. That’s where the power of a facial comes in.
Your esthetician carefully evaluates your skin and during the treatment, gets right to the root cause of most acne: clogged pores. Steam, deep pore cleansing, exfoliating treatments, and calming masks all work together to gain rapid control over acne-prone skin.
Chemical peels are another way to rapidly clear acne-prone pores. Using gentle peels to penetrate deeply into oil-blocked pores, and chemically loosen dead, sticky skin cells, peels can effectively control acne breakouts and reveal a clear, smooth complexion.
Silk Peel Dermalinfusion
Silk Peel is the only technology that provides simultaneous exfoliation and the delivery of Clarifying Formula which contains condition-specific topical ingredients, including Aloe.
For acne-prone skin, which is often quite sensitive, adding the Clarifying Formula provides relief for even the most delicate of skins.
Acne Skin Care
Be honest, how many half-used bottles of acne washes and highly advertised creams are sitting in your medicine cabinet or on your bathroom shelf because they just don’t live up to their promise?
This year, make it a point to get your acne home-care right the first time. We offer a complimentary skin analysis with the REVEAL IMAGER (value of $40). This will show you exactly what’s happening at the deeper layers of the skin and not visible to the naked eye. Working with a LUMIERE Skin Health & Wellness Centre skin care professional will help you structure an effective acne-healing regimen that really works!
Are you ready to stop acne from getting in the way? Want to learn more about how we can help? Call us now at 604.306.7531 to reserve your FREE consultation.